- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
An article about guns some gun control, from a gun owner, Willa Howe-Bennett
BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT . . .”
I, like the rest of the world today, woke up to the sickening events in Aurora, Colorado . . .
Let me say at this point that I am a member of a group called PINK PISTOLS, which is a GLBT shooting club that is also a member of the NRA. I take my 2nd Amendment rights very seriously; the one recourse that all people of the United States have access to combat tyranny is the right to keep and bear arms. However, an armed citizenry and a RESPONSIBLE, well-educated citizenry are two separate things
The rest of the article is at,
I would like to thank Wilma Howe-Bennett for your fresh air on the gun issue. I have something similar to reach people and change minds. But since you are a gun owner I will tailgate your blog post.
George Zimmerman's right to follow people around in a way many of those followed found threatening was his membership in town watch. But he was ignoring their telephone instructions to stop following. If he had a suit or a guard outfit on, Trayvon Martin would have less reason to think he was about to be mugged and felt he had to defend himself. Zimmerman might have well been a rouge undercover cop who was told to stop looking for hidden illegal weapons in a extensive legal collection and ending up shooting in self-defense the way a bank robber would shoot before a security guard aiming a gun at him shot first.
Most killing is some sort of self-defense. So the issue is legal or illegal self-defense. What is now driving more servicemen batty then in past wars is that today far fewer of them were in fear for their lives when they were told or expected to start shooting.
So a gun owner defending George Zimmerman is defending a rouge police, or other official, being around the gun owner in a threatening way, and ending up killing the gun owner.
However arresting Zimmerman's wife and high bail makes gun owners less identify with Trayvon Martin who was killed because he wasn't a pacifist and decided to defend himself.
Let's in our political activity get back to trying to persuade instead of to try to make those we disagree with do what we want.
Comprehensive look at James Homes follows, How did painfully shy straight A student
Americas hated killer
Gun Owners Say They Want More Controls, a GOP Pollster Says,