- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Bill Lumbergh, the Mayor's Spokesperson
Philadelphia, What's Happpppening?
In response to public shock and outcry that Mayor Nutter is killing libraries (and public pools, and money for Fairmount Park, the police, the fire department, laying off people, etc), we get this charming quote, from Nutter's spokesperson, Bill Oliver:
Fewer libraries might be needed, [Nutter spokesman Doug] Oliver said, noting that the current library system was built for a city of two million residents. "We're closer to 1.5 million now, and that's a significant difference," he said.
"We know it's painful, but we have an opportunity to right-size this, and create an infrastructure that matches the city as it now is."
And, on a completely unrelated note, next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to you can go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.