- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Carol Campbell Passes Away
Carol Campbell has passed away:
Carol Ann Campbell, a legendary force in the local Democratic Party, has passed away.
She died around midday at Methodist hospital. The cause is unknown, but she’d struggled with lung illnesses and was recently on a ventilator.
Campbell was the daughter of Edgar Campbell, former City Councilman, ward leader and Clerk of Quarter Sessions and often referred to as the Dean of Black Politics in the city. Carol Campbell took over the leadership of the fourth ward in Philadelphia when her father died in 1987
Campbell served as a ward leader and as secretary of Democratic City Committee for years. In the fall of 2006, Campbell was appointed by the Democratic Party to lead the Fourth District, after Mayor Nutter vacated the seat to run for the city's top office. She lost her re-election bid in the May 2007 Primary Election to Councilman Curtis Jones Jr.
Our condolences to her family and friends.