- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Event on right-wing extremism @ Pen and Pencil on Wednesday night
Will Bunch, who is a reporter at the Daily News, has written a new book about right-wing extremism in the age of Obama. He'll be appearing on Wednesday night at the Pen and Pencil to talk about the book, joined by Ari Berman of the Nation Magazine. It should be a good event, check out the details below. It does conflict with the beginning of the Phillies game, but I'm sure they'll try to keep the program brief since Will is also a huge baseball fan.
Pen and Pencil is located in Center City @ 1522 Latimer St. Please let me know if you'd like to come!
Wednesday's event at the Pen and Pencil:
Wednesday, Oct. 20, 7:30pm -- Will Bunch & Ari Berman
At the height of the election season, the Pen & Pencil Club brings you a double book event on politics and partisanship. Daily News Senior Writer Will Bunch will discuss his new book, "The Backlash: Right-Wing Radicals, High-Def Hucksters, and Paranoid Politics in the Age of Obama." And Ari Berman of The Nation will discuss his new book, "Herding Donkeys: The Fight to Rebuild the Democratic Party and Reshape American Politics," which traces the evolution of the Democratic Party from Howard Dean to Barack Obama, chronicling how American politics and the country writ large changed during this pivotal period--and how the grassroots fight for political power in America continues to this day.