- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Growing the Revenue Pie
On Wednesday, educators, students, advocates for women and domestic violence victims, faith groups and others delivered pies to all 253 of our state lawmakers in Harrisburg. Yes, pies.
The event, organized by the Better Choices for Pennsylvania Coalition, brought this group together to deliver a simple message to lawmakers: Grow the state's revenue pie by closing tax loopholes and ending special interest tax breaks. A cuts-only budget is going to hurt middle-class families and drive up local property taxes.
Below the fold is a 4-minute video highlighting the best of the speakers to join us for the Capitol press conference. Take a few minutes to watch it — then check out the Better Choices web site to learn how you can help send a message to your lawmakers about growing the revenue pie.