- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Have You Called 311?
So, let's do a little test of our shiny new governmental service: Have you called 311? Did it work?
I called 311 for the first time on Saturday, because there was an electrical wire hanging down at the end of my block. Being the ever excellent citizen I am, I took action, and called 311 to report it. I was on hold for a couple minutes and when I got someone they told me it wasn't the city's responsibility, and gave me a number for PECO.
So, at that point, I began to sort of fight with the woman on the end of the line. Why? Well, because I am lazy, so I didn't want to have to make another call, and instead wanted them to tell PECO. We kind of argued about that for a minute or two, I temporarily gave up being lazy, and then took the number to call. I called PECO, reported it, and the world didn't fall off of its axis.
Anyway, something about the call disconcerted me, and it took me a while to realize what it was... Specifically, I have become so used to call centers being in some far off place, be it Minnesota or Mumbai, that talking to someone who was clearly from Philadelphia, accent, attitude and all, was a totally different experience.
I don't want to get into the 311 v. libraries debate, because I think like many things that have happened in the past 6 months, it is a false choice. At least for me, even though they made me call someone else, it was pretty nice to see a problem on a Saturday afternoon, and know that there was a number I could instantly call, and they helped me accomplish what I was after.
Have you called?