- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Help pass SCHIP – State Children’s Health Insurance Program.
From Philadelphia Citizens for Children and Youth
The U.S. House of Representatives will vote on the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) bill on Tuesday (September 25th) and the Senate will vote on SCHIP by Thursday (September 27th) !
This bill will allow four million children to get health insurance who would otherwise be uninsured. It also protects children now covered so Pennsylvania will keep providing coverage to the 164,000 children currently enrolled in CHIP.
But, the President has threatened to veto it.
Your call is so important because it will take a big vote (at least two-thirds) for the House and Senate to show the President it will reject his ill-considered veto. Four million children need you to call. Tell your Representative: “I'm a constituent who thinks covering four million more uninsured children is one of the most important votes you can take. Please vote for the State Children's Health Insurance Program bill . ”
The E-Alert Action: Your call to your Representatives is urgently needed. Call toll-free at 1-800-828-0498 Today AND Tuesday. You'll be connected to the Capitol Switchboard - ask for your Representative's office. You can also call your Representatives office directly at:
Congressman Brady - 202-225-4731 Congressman Gerlach - 202-225-4315
Congressman Fattah - 202-225-4001 Congressman Patrick Murphy - 202-225-4276
Congressman Sestak - 202-225-2011 Congresswoman Schwartz – 202-225-6111
For Senator Specter 202-224-4254 For Senator Casey 202-224-6324