- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
PA Budget Summit: Resources and a Recap
The Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center hosted its annual Budget Summit on Thursday in Harrisburg, providing an in-depth look at the state and federal budget plans and what they mean for communities and families across Pennsylvania. With nearly 200 in attendance, it was our largest Budget Summit yet.
Check out our web site where we have posted materials from the Summit, including presentations on the state and federal budgets. And check back next week when we will have more, including video clips from the Summit.
And take a minute to watch this report from Fox 43 for a nice (and quick) recap of the Summit.
From the Fox 43 report:
Educators, political candidates, and community leaders gathering to discuss how Governor Corbett's proposed budget would affect them at the Pennsylvania Budget Summit.
"The ultimate goal is for everyone in this room to understand what's happening in Harrisburg. To be able to talk to their lawmakers intelligently, and bring their messages back to their communities to get involved, and speak up about the things that they value," says Sharon Ward with the Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center.