- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Land Value Tax Discussion This Saturday, 9/26
LVT and AXI in Philadelphia: Saturday Discussion
Tax policy by the numbers and with a philosophy.
The 2009 budget crisis in Philadelphia came down to the wire. How could it have been avoided? By implementing a progressive form of land value taxation, a self-generated fiscal solution can be in the cards, without overly-burdening working and poor residents. Urbantools staff will demonstrate how with blazing graphics and a gripping narrative! Find out why Councilwoman Quinones-Sanchez, amongst others, has asked for full study of land based taxation.
All are welcome. When someone tells you that the money's not there for essential city services, you can have an answer at hand. Come on down, tell us what you think and give us a chance to make our case.
When: Sep 26, 2009 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Where Henry George School, 413 South 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Contact Name: Barbara Maloney (RSVP if you can)
Contact Phone: 215-923-7800
Attendees: The Public