- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Lynne Abraham Reportedly Disbands Narcotics Unit
You also may remember from the '05 Democratic Primary for DA that Abraham promised to implement "vertical prosecution," basing the work of the DA's office on geography, to more effectivly deal with crime. Abraham only began talking about this change in the DA's office after her primary opponent, Seth Williams, started to talk about community-based prosecution. The email below hints that Abraham may have backed off this promise too. It seems like there may be a bigger story here...
Check out the whole email by clicking "read more":
Basically Lynne Abraham did not place all of the ADA's into other units, rather she simply just unemployed them? Also during Lynne Abraham's democratic primary speeches at various area election campaign spots she (Lynne Abraham) bragged many times and used the narcotics unit of the DA's office in her campaign speeches, bragging about all of the narcotic and weapons of mass destruction prosecutions that we citizens read about on a regular basis in the area news papers. Lynne Abraham after winning the democratic primary election then does a complete opposite of her election campaign speeches and disbands the very unit that assisted Lynne Abraham win the primary election against Seth Williams!
I spoke with Scott Sigman whom stated that he was not happy with Lynne Abraham's decision to disband the narcotics unit and feels that concerned citizens should unit together and hold Lynne Abraham accountable for her election campaign speeches and promises!
I am giving Lynne Abraham a few weeks to rethink her decision regarding the narcotics unit then I and other concerned citizens will organize multiple demonstrations holding Lynne Abraham accountable for her election campaign speeches and promises.
Gregory Bucceroni, Coordinator
Transit Town Watch