- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Join us to Launch Casino Free Philadelphia Thursday, June 1st
Please join Neighbors Allied for the Best Riverfront, www.NABRhood.org, and groups from around the city at 12pm on Thursday, June 1st as we launch Casino Free Philadelphia. The noontime rally will take place at the Pennsylvania State Building, 1400 Spring Garden Street at Broad. As you may know there are five casino operators competing for two licenses to locate slots parlors in Philadelphia: 2 in Fishtown, 1 in Nicetown/East Falls, 1 in Northern Liberties, and 1 in South Philadelphia. From the beginning we have been kept out of the process by our elected representatives in state government. The proposed casinos are the result of the corrupt business as usual policies that brought us the pay raise and other nightmares from Harrisburg. Stopping them will be yet another step in the growing movement for a new and better way of doing things in our city and state.
As an added bonus, the rally will include the unveiling and operation of one of the largest slot machines in the world, as well as speakers and other entertaining and educational activities!
Please help us spread the word far and wide and check out the NABR website for updates. Join our email list to stay informed. We look forward to your active participation in the struggle for the best riverfront and city that all Philadelphians deserve.