- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
New Political Enemy #1: Thomas R. Caltagirone
Who the hell is Thomas Caltagirone? He is the jackass who is on the verge of handing the Pennsylvania House to... the GOP, and John Fucking Perzel. (You know, the worst person ever). Yeah, you heard me right. Caltagirone, a Democrat from Reading, is about to vote for the GOP's Perzel as Speaker of the Pennsylvania House:
Reading Democratic Rep. Thomas R. Caltagirone intends to back Republican John Perzel's bid for Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives when the 2007-08 legislative session starts Tuesday a move that could give the GOP control of the chamber's leadership.
Caltagirone will remain a Democrat even though he's backing Perzel for the speaker's post, the letter states.
Democrats were poised to take control of the House for the first time in 12 years.
We need a commitment right now, from all of the various political big shots we know read this blog- both from the City Government, and the State. We need a commitment from Mark Cohen. We need a commitment from Ed Rendell. We need a commitment from the entire Philadelphia delegation in the State House, who rarely, if ever, face re-election battles. This guy needs to lose.
We need a commitment that in 1.5 years, in May of 2008, Thomas Caltagirone is going to get his ass primaried out of a job by an extremely well funded Democratic challenger. It is time to put up or shut up, and Thomas Caltagirone, and any other possible traitor to the Democratic party needs to see that there are real goddamned consequences to their actions.
[Update:According to Alex, in the comments, he isn't even running again.
The doofus' email address is email@example.com. I think I am going to send him a note, reminding him that he has another couple days to rethink this. He is not going to run next term anyway- so, basically, the question is whether he wants his entire legacy- thirty years in office- to be known for being a traitor to his own party.]