- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
The Donald Trump Apprentice Challenge: Philly style!
I am 100% on Rosie O’Donnell’s side in the Trump-Roise showdown, but it occurred to me last week that even though that evil MCA defeated Trump and poor Larry Ceisler’s plans to bring a casino to East Falls, there’s no reason why the Donald couldn’t still turn a profit at the old Budd site.
The Budd Company, which was formed in 1912 by Edward Budd, was one of the largest manufacturers in the city. Edward Budd made his initial fortune by producing the first ever all-steel automobile body. The former plant is a conglomeration of 20 buildings which sits on about 75 acres off of Hunting Park Avenue in the Nicetown/Hunting Park/East Falls section of the city.
Community members have already commented on their desire to bring a supermarket or maybe a Target to the site (You can read more here), but, before we go there, I wondered if there are any better or more creative uses for the land--especially the kind we could get Trump to bankroll.
As you may know from watching the Apprentice, Trump likes spunk and I figure he’s pretty sour about his license being denied and maybe now is a good time to hold a “YPP Donald Trump Apprentice Challenge: Philly Style!” and come up with some ideas for the site of our own.
All you have to do enter the “YPP Donald Trump Apprentice Challenge: Philly Style!” is write a full-length post with a serious proposal for what to do with the old Budd site. The best entry will be submitted via email to Donald Trump and, if we’re lucky, he’ll actually enact the idea. I know there’s nothing quite so stimulating for a local economy as a brand-new casino, but maybe we can come up with something else at least second best.
So, start researching, then start writing and enter to win “YPP Donald Trump Apprentice Challenge: Philly Style!”
Anyone can apply, especially Mayoral candidates looking to strut their stuff for an eager voting public. Look out for my entry to the contest below…