- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Seth Williams Named Philly Inspector General
Over the next days, we will be breaking some news at YPP, and this is the nicest of them all:
Tomorrow morning, at City Hall, Mayor Street will name Seth Williams as Inspector General of the City of Philadelphia.
What does the Inspector General do?
The OIG is operationally independent and is the designated, centralized office with authority to investigate criminal and/or integrity-related complaints of fraud, corruption, and abuse in all departments, quasi-governmental agencies under the Mayor's jurisdiction, and any contractors/consultants receiving City funds. The OIG also provides investigative expertise to any agency/authority requesting assistance.
The OIG's mission is to enhance the public confidence in City government by investigating complaints of fraud, corruption, and abuse; and by recommending programs/policies which educate and raise the awareness of all City officials/employees.
In other words, Seth will responsible for making sure Philly is cleanly run. I cannot think of a better choice. This is a testament to how well he ran his campaign, and the future he has in this City.
Congratulations, Seth. You deserve it.