- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
Brady Refuses to Endorse Tony Payton Jr.
I usually defend Bob Brady, but this is outrageous:
Vazquez: Write-in campaign
One of the odder moments at the Democratic dinner Monday came as Bob Brady introduced the endorsed candidates.
When it came to the North Philadelphia state House district vacated by the retiring Bill Rieger, Brady ignored Tony Payton, the only Democrat on the ballot, instead introducing Emilio Vazquez, who was bumped from the race in court because of errors in his nominating petitions.
Vazquez is the candidate of power broker Marge Tartaglione and will run a write-in campaign.
Payton says that he has support from three other ward leaders in the district but that Tartaglione called him "a sneak" for not seeking her blessing to run.
"I didn't see anywhere in the election code that said I had to ask Marge's permission," said Payton.
You mean you missed section 3-A, clause 5b?
He is the only Democrat on the ballot. This is not the way it's supposed to work.