- Pennsylvania Among 'Terrible 10' Most Regressive Tax States
- February 4 Non-Partisan Training: HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013: HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Republican Governors Opt-In to Medicaid Expansion
- The Reports of Unions' Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Ask Allyson Schwartz to run for Governor
- Mind the gap: Opting Out of Medicaid Expansion Leaves Low-income Families Behind
- Jan. 14 Workshop:HOW TO RUN FOR ELECTION BOARD IN 2013; HOW TO RUN FOR COMMITTEEPERSON IN 2014
- Seth Williams on Guns, Jasmine Rivera on School Closures @PFC Meetup Wednesday
- PA Revenue Strong Midway Through Year; Tax Cut Could Have Big Impact
- What to Make of the Fiscal Cliff Deal?
UPenn Republicans Turned Vigilantes
Watch out University City residents: Penn Students are armed!
The Inquirer published an article today about increasing crime rates in University City.
Rather than rely on Penn to provide increased security, the College Republicans there are proposing an alternative:
[Penn undergraduate Cory Bray, who heads the school's College Republicans chapter and knows one of the robbery victims, has loudly condemned the administration and urged students to apply for concealed-weapons permits.
"If Penn can't protect us," he said, "we should be able to protect ourselves."]
Hey, he has a point, right? I mean, people gotta stand up and take back their neighborhood (oh, wait...)
Only time will tell if local gun dealers decide to start setting up tables on Penn's campus. Of course, they will have to negotiate space with the hordes of people signing up students for credit cards. Maybe they can score a deal: Apply for a New Platinum Visa and Get a Free Gun!